WARNING IF YOU DON'T LIKE MICE THIS MAY NOT BE THE POST FOR YOU TO READ. I DON'T LIKE THEM EITHER BUT I DIDN'T HAVE A LOT OF CHOICE BUT TO LIVE WITH THEM FOR A COUPLE OF NIGHTS.
I was able to make the trip home for Christmas. You know we sang the song "I'll be home for Christmas" around my house for weeks. It really came true. On Wednesday we headed out. We stopped about an hour into the trip at stroud. Then we went on to Tulsa and spent the day with Jer(the bro), Chenelle(the Sis in law), and the most important member of the McClain clan, Rylan(the cutest nephew anyone could ever ask for). That night we went out to eat with my uncle for his birthday. Don't worry I am getting to the title of this entry but I am just trying to give you the background first. So Thursday we woke up and waited for Jer, Chenelle, and Rylan so we could open gifts before heading to Ayres family christmas. RyMac was so funny and so adorable, of course. Then off to family christmas. It was fun. My dad and I went home early so I could nap before Jer, Chenelle, and Rylan returned to spend the evening with us. After dinner the clan went home so Mom, Dad, and I were recovering from all the day's excitment. We were relaxing and watching one of my Dad's favorite past times during this season of the year a bowl game. As we were watching a little mouse let's just call him Mickey came running out from behind the TV. Guess where he ran. That's right, straight to my bedroom. I screamed when I saw him and I almost had a heart attack. I told my Dad I was not sleeping in there with that critter, so he quickly set the 2 mouse traps he had in the house. He even used his premium Kraft deluxe singles as bait. So about 15 minutes later we hear a snap. I thought yes we caught Mickey and now I can sleep. So he went in there but no mouse. He reset the trap and I decided I would try to sleep it was only a little mouse after all right. About 1:30 the other trap went off. I laid in bed for a while trying to decide if I wanted to know if there was a mouse on it or not. I finally let my dad know and he came and checked the trap. Success! He said "We got a mouse" then walked off. I thought is he going to leave that critter here all night. Turns out he was just gOing to get his shoes so he could properly dispose of Mickey. I slept much beter after that. Last night(Friday) I was determined to get a good night's rest. My mom and I were sitting on my bed talking when all of a sudden she put her legs up on my bed really fast. I said what is the deal knowing that there was another critter in there. So we went with the one trap left in the house and more premium cheese but no success this time. That's right I had to sleep with knowing a little friend, let just call him Mickey Jr., was in my room. Determined to win this battle my Dad purchased 12 more traps after getting Mom and I delivered safely back to Moore. He just called and we caught our little friend from last night.
Christmas was good however I did not get a lot of sleep while in V-town. Have a great day, thanks for reading and I'll post again soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I feel your pain....I hate mice too! You are braver than I.
Ewwww Ewwww Ewwwww! I'm telling you now, if that ever EVER happens to me, I'm going to be on the nearest piece of furniture screaming!! -Me
Post a Comment