No people I am not unhappy with my job. I actually as I have posted before love my job spreading the joy of mathematics to the kids of america or at least the kids of moore, ok. But judging by the bills I got from my hip replacement this week I may have chosen the wrong career if I ever dreamed of making more than like $2 an hour. (OK so maybe my salary averages out a little higher than that but you get the point). I am telling you if you are still looking for a career or would like a career change you might consider being an orthopedic specialist or an anesthesiologist. Now granted you either have to really enjoy replacing joints and all the fun that goes with that or enjoy putting people to sleep and keeping them alive during surgery(no pressure there) they make a ton of money. I was in total and complete shock when I saw how much they charged for hip replacement and almost had a heart attack. Then I would have needed a cariodologist and then more crazy medical bills and then a never ending cycle. At that point I was more than grateful for my job which has good insurance and pays my insurance. Let me tell you it makes facing the kiddos everyday during spring fever season a lot easier.
In other news, my hip continues to feel so great. I know this sounds funny but I look forward to having the other one done on June 2nd. I can't wait to walk without a limp and have 2 legs the same length again. I hope you have a great day and remember if you are looking for a high paying job think anesthesiologist.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
It's been a while since I have read the blog...sorry about the bills, but you can't put a price on how you feel! I am constantly surprised at how much we pay per month in insurance (I don't even want to write it out) and how much this baby is still costing...it's humbling to say the least!
I'm glad you're feeling better and looking forward to the other hip!
Post a Comment