Friday, March 20, 2009

Time Flies....

Today is the last day of Spring Break and before you get mad that I actually get a spring break let's consider what I do day in and day out. I go to school to teach the kiddos of Moore, Ok math and somehow convince them that math is not that bad and even though they don't have the "math gene" they can handle it. Somedays I have to find my inner cheerleader and cheer the kids on. (I am always saying, you can do it, we can handle it, you know the basically GO MATH!!) Yes I do love math that much. It takes it toll emotionally, mentally, and physically. I give all day long. Now I am not saying that you too don't deserve a Spring Break but it is basically my time to get some rest and get recharged for the next 9 weeks which is the big one. That's right it is the time of year where we prepare our kiddos for the state test. We spend many days just building confidence. Anyway probably more than you wanted to know. So to fit the title my Spring Break has flown by, which leads directly to my next point. I came to the realization in the past few days that it is about 10 weeks, yes that is right 10 weeks until my left hip surgery. Now you are probably thinking that is quite a while. Not really my friends. I am not excited about the first like 3 weeks after surgery but after that I should start feeling ok and improving everyday. The date of that surgery is June 2nd. Mark your calendars and pray for me that day.

I continue to love my right hip and I can't even tell you how much better I feel. It is amazing to me that after diagnosing the problem and getting my hips replaced that I am going to be almost as good as new again. Now one of the most asked questions (ranking a close 2nd to will you buzz when you go through airport security? the answer is unfortunately yes) is "Will hip replacement cure your arthritis?" The answer is unfortunately no. You see Rheumatoid Arthritis is an autoimmune disease caused by a malfunctioning immune system and barring a new miracle treatment I will have the disease for the rest of my life. Although with new medications once I get my hip fixed I probably won't feel the effects of it much unless I have a major flare up. Ok enough of the downer stuff. On an up note. The past week I have become comfortable with sleeping on my side again. Now I haven't slept on my right side but yes I am sleeping on my left side. Lest you think that is not a major deal, I had to sleep on my back for 3 months. So yes it is a major deal, one day if you ever have a hip replacement which I hope you don't have to you too will understand. Have a great week and maybe this week I can get the feel good blog of the week award. I mean we laughed, we cried (or at least got serious for a few sentences) does that qualify us for the award?

No comments: