Well everyone after being out of school for 3 days I am afraid my mini vacation is quickly coming to an end. I was just on the Moore schools website and it stated that we WILL have school tomorrow. I could get used to this only working 2 days a week thing. You see this week we worked on Monday then took 3 days off then we are working tomorrow then it is weekend. Works for me. So my hip continues to feel better and get stronger everyday. I really didn't believe PA Rob when he told me that the day I got my staples out but it is so so true that I see improvements everyday. This weather has kind of put a damper on the walking program but I will get back on the trail tomorrow.
Tomorrow is 10 weeks since I had surgery. I am about to reach the magic 3 month mark on my hip precautions. So even though I am still using my hip precautions, after being stuck in my house for several days I decided to venture out last night. It was all going great until I tried to reenter my driveway. My car has front wheel drive which is wonderful until you try to get into your snow/sleet/ice packed driveway. So I get here and get almost in my driveway and my tires are spinning spinning spinning. So I back out like 20 times and try again but nothing so then I panic and called my dad. He told me to go around the block and as I turned the corner to speed up and then enter my driveway and be ready to hit my breaks immediately when I get to the top of hill. It was one of those you want me to do what moments but I trusted in the dad's ice driving wisdom and went with the plan.On the way around the block I drove down suburbia lane and it had 2 ruts to drive in. Well I had to pass a car who decided it was his turn and not mine and I had to get scoot out of the ruts. I got stuck there too. My tires spinning. Not a fun experience. After making it around the block the plan worked and it wasn't until after the fact that I realized he was asking me to pick up speed on an icy road. I decided not to leave again until my driveway was sufficiently melted. I know not a hip replacement story but it was pretty funny especially if you were there.
I can walk a lot father than before so we are slowly working up to that magic mile. Have a great day and be careful it is still a little slick out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Court, I will tell you what I tell my hip patients--STAY HOME until the ice is gone. Please, be careful.
Post a Comment