Yes that is right we have been in school for 2 weeks and we get the day off. You would think since I had a 6 week Christmas Vacation that I wouldn't need a day off already but I do. I am really excited. I said in an earlier post that I would post again when I was ready to say the infamous line. So here it goes "I am so glad I had hip replacement and can't believe I didn't have this done sooner." That is really true. I can tell such a difference in how my right hip works and feels as opposed to the left one which is still bone on bone. I can't wait until about august when they are both fixed and I am about 8 weeks post surgery. It is going to be so great. On a side note I go in for my 6 week follow up this week (8 weeks after surgery, oh well). I finally get to see Dr. Tkach because he went on a hunting vacation right after he operated on me and I haven't seen him since. I saw his PA to get my staples out.
My mom went home on Tuesday of this past week and so now I am adjusting to life with hip precautions because I still have to use those for about 4 more weeks. The precautions are don't cross over the midline, don't turn your toes and leg inward and don't bend past a 90 degree angle. It has been fun times putting on pants. When you get dressed next consider how you do it and what you would do if you couldn't bend past 90 degrees. Not so easy now is it. My mom and dad fully equipped me with tools to accomplish any task including a heavy duty grabber called the nifty nabber. I have owned a grabber for a while because the pure and simple facts are with two bad hips I wasn't able to bend down and pick up things off the floor anyway. This one is really heavy duty though and I love it. I also have a long handled shoe horn. Who knew there was a whole website dedicated to selling long handle shoe horns. The things you learn when you need something like that.
Well have a great week and feel free to ask any questions about life with hip precautions or the cool tools that make life possible for me. Don't forget to think about putting your pants on without bending over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So Wednesday maybe we get to see a picture of that ceramic hip. Dr. TKach is going to be so amazed at your progress. I'm sure it was your live-in nurse that aided in the miraculous recovery. The next hip is going to be a snap for us pros - huh!! See you tomorrow.
MOM
Post a Comment