Tuesday, December 2, 2008

You mean I am not that fragile

So I had my first visit from my physical therapist today and she helped me do all kinds of stuff. After the therapy I came away with the realization that maybe I am not as fragile as I once thought. Lisa my therapist had me do buttock squeezes, which let me tell you I am pro at those, then heel slides, then quad squeezes, and leg rollouts. She also had me do hip abduction. Who knew you were supposed to get your leg out that far. Oh my goodness, I thought I was going to die. Well not really but I thought you want me to do that in the middle of the abductions. Then she had me get up. Until now I have had my mom help me get up. The therapist had me sit up on my bed by myself. It worked and I was shocked I could do that. It gave me hope that one of these days I am going to be better, up until now I had wondered several times if it was going to get better. Let me say my friends I am doing better by the day and I am going to recover. I am almost to the point where I am ready to say the infamous line "I wish I would have had this done sooner". Keep praying and I'll keep updating. More fun therapy stories to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now you know what I do almost every day. Glad to hear you are doing so well. I knew you could do it! The next hip will be a breeze!

Craig-Jen said...

YAY! Let us know when you can say you wished you'd have done this sooner!