Friday, May 22, 2009

Time Flies When...

Hey friends I am sure you all have heard that time flies when you are having fun. I think times flies other times too. This post is dedicated to a very busy week and things that have made it fly. (special note: I am using a list format on this post you know mixing it up a bit)

Time Flies When
1. You have 2 Doctors' appointments in 3 days.

That's right my friends. On Monday I had my pre-op appointment with Dr. Rob which is Dr. Tkach(hip replacement expert)PA. It went well and I knew what was going to happen. Pre-op Physical my heart rate by the way was 133. At little bit of white coat syndrome you know. Then chest x-ray and I also got to do a bonus left hip x-rays, 2 different views because we needed to make sure my hip was still bad. Just kidding, he wanted a current picture since the last ones were done way back last June (Crazy huh? That is when I first found out I needed bilateral hip replacement and now one year later I am about to have 2 new hips). After x-ray down to the lab for yes that is right blood work and EKG. I only had to do the EKG once this time. Last time I had to do it three times and the lab tech said these words "I am going to let you lay there and try to relax then we are going to try again". Not this time we got it the first try (you see I know what to expect now and I am not as nervous). Then to the pre-admission nurse. Yes that is right I have to be at the hospital at 7:00 a.m. The nurse estimated my surgery would be at 9:00 and she said that would be Dr. Tkach's 3rd surgery for the day. (REMEMBER FRIENDS PRAY PRAY PRAY ON JUNE 2ND AT 9:00). Then on Wednesday I got to go see Dr. J my rheumatologist so I could get down my medicine schedule before surgery. We discussed it and she wrote it all down for me. Same procedure as last time, why mess with a good thing. Two highlights at the appointment, no blood work since I had just had it done on Monday and I got to see an OU security guard on a segway scooter.

2. It is the last week of school.

Ok so I do have to go back next tuesday with the kiddos and next wednesday for teacher check out day and next thursday and friday for math calendar committee however it was the last full week at school with the kiddos (except I was off Monday and Wednesday to go to the doctor). This is the busiest craziest time at school. If you are one of the those people who believe that teachers simply lock the doors and walk away from the school for the summer let me tell you that is a delusion my friend. If you don't believe me please come to MHS and I will show you the procedure. We have to collect and inventory textbooks, inventory our rooms, computers, equipments, pack our rooms so they can be cleaned over the summer, and you know get the kiddos ready for finals and enter final grades. To top it all off we had Graduation last night. We graduated 510 seniors at the Cox convention center. They had a jumbo-tron in the cox center now so we got see the graduation on jumbo-tron and it was brodcast on the www live. That is pretty cool especially if your loved ones our overseas or unable to attend. It was fun but made for a long Thursday. We of course made it a big event. We went downtown to eat then to graduation.

3. You have a major life event coming up

That's right friends, I think time flies when you are getting ready for surgery or any other major event in your life. I feel like the last few weeks have flown by and the next week and a half will too. I am sure it is going to be fine but the first few weeks after surgery are really rough. Everyone tells me this one is going to be easier because lets face the facts. With my right hip I had one replaced hip that I was recovering from and one really bad hip. This time I have one really great ceramic replaced hip and one newly replaced hip that I am recovering from. There you have it last time 2 bad hips this time one bad and one good. My mom and best care taker ever is moving back in for 6(more like 8 is what it took last time)weeks. I hope to be well enough to go to Rymac's 1st b-day on June 20th.

I'll keep you posted. I am continually amazed at how many followers I have on my blog. Vinita people are always asking how I am doing and telling my parents that they read my blog. Thanks for reading and don't be afraid to leave a comment.

No comments: