Saturday, May 16, 2009

3...2...1...PRAY

Hey faithful readers and prayer partners get ready. It is only 2 weeks. Count them 2 weeks until surgery. If you haven't done it yet pick up those prayer calendars and mark the day June 2nd. I am pretty convinced that the last surgery went so well because of the prayers of my faithful friends and of course a great doctor. I have my pre-op appointment on monday. You know the one where they make sure I am "healthy" enough to have surgery. It will be a fun day. Then back to school on Tuesday then I get to go see Dr. J on Wednesday to get my medicine schedule down for surgery. It worked out really well last time, no arthritis flare, so we are going to follow her instructions to a T again hopefully the same success. Then back to school on Thursday and Friday. Crazy week huh?

In other news, I almost had a major tragedy at the grocery store. I was getting bananas which are pretty much a breakfast staple at my house these days. I picked the bunch I wanted but they happened to be near the top of the display. I started to get them and knocked off 2 more bunches which tumbled down the display almost crashing to the ground along with several other bunches of bananas. However with my stealth reflexes I was able to stop them from falling and saved the whole display. I quickly put the bananas back, grabbed the original bunch I was going for and walked really quickly to the juice section (which would not had been possible without a hip replacement).

School is quickly coming to an end and I am kind of sad. For the first time this year several students have told me how much I have changed their life and their attitude toward math. Many of them have told me how they have never liked math and never been successful in math until this year. Not to brag on my self or anything but this is why I teach, to help kiddos love math and be successful. I love this bunch of kids and am going to miss them but soon another group of lives to change.

Have a great day and start praying. I will try to update as soon as I can after surgery but look forward to another update pre surgery.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes! I love it when you feel like you've made a difference in a kid's life. Way to go! We'll be thinkin' of ya! ~ Bandy