Its been a while since I updated so I hope you are still around to read. Guess what friends? Yes that is right it is only 1 month until I have my other hip operated on. So remember my friends, to mark your calendar to pray for me on JUNE 2nd. I am going to a different hospital this time but will have the same wonderful doctor as last time. He actually prefers to do surgery at this hospital but I am not looking forward to breaking in a whole new group of nurses and aides and physical therapists. I just have to remember to be a good patient and they just have to remember to be there every 4 hours with the pain medication and we will be fine.
In other news in my life. I mailed my national board box and will find out my fate in November. Last time I found out when I was in the hospital so it will be nice to get the news when I am not hyped up on pain pills and only about 8 hours out of surgery. My kiddos take their state test on Thursday. They are feeling pretty good. I am feeling pretty good but I am scared because they get a prilimary score when they log off the computer. I just hope they do well. We have all worked way to hard for them to not do well.
Well since the last time I blogged I have reported to Jury Duty. I got there about 8:15 and they quickly shuffled all of us to the court room where the judge explained she didn't let her mother in law off of Jury Duty and she wasn't letting us off unless we fit one of the categories and even then it was tough. One of the guys there was a police officier and it says if you are law enforcement you can get off but this judge said only if you were called to criminal case. Anyway so me and 200 of my closest friends were in the court room waiting our fate. Then they separated us into groups I was put on a civil case for a car wreck settlement with 30 others. We reported to our court room and they explained all this stuff to us then seated 18 people in the jury box for questioning. I was not picked which meant for the next 5 hours of my life I had to sit in a court rooma and listen to all questions in case one of the 18 was deemed unfit and I had to replace them. That happened several times and I didn't make the cut. I was pretty convinced that I was going to be let go until they decided on the 12 person Jury. They then decided they needed an alternate juror so me and 2 others were put to the test and they decided they didn't want me. At that point I became a jury reject. I was actually glad. I learned a lot but it was a really long day.
Sorry this is so long remember June 2nd and regular updates are coming soon. That's right the actual reason for this blog is about to come into play again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
GO Court!
This is actually the first time I have gotten to visit your blog: I knew you had one, but I didn't have the address. I look forward to keeping up with you in future!
~ Bandy
Praying that this time is even better than the last!!!!!
Post a Comment