Ok friends so I have already recounted my entire experience at the hospital so if you wish to read that please read my last post. However there are a few hospital expriences that warrent their own blog. This post is about one of those expriences. So we have all heard those surgery horror stories about them operating on the wrong part of the body. I almost became one of those stories. One of the pre-op procedures is to mark the part of the body to be operated on. They ask you about one million times which side that is. They wrote yes on my left leg so I thought we were good to go until I went to the surgery holding room. The lady who put in my IV asked which side I was going to have operated and checked to make sure it was marked. Then the surgerical nurse came in and said I thought it was the left however the board down there says it is the right. They came over and asked me and I said don't touch the right one it feels great it is the left one. So after about 10 minutes and 3 phones calls and confirmation from me about 7 more times we got it all fixed. Man am I glad I didn't become a statistic and a news story. It was scary to say the least.
Things are going pretty good. I feel pretty strong. PT came and evaluated today and said I was looking really good and my right hip is doing great. More to come soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I can't believe that! Hopefully they would have seen your surgery scar...and the bionic right hip before they did anything drastic!
Glad to hear the worst part is over!
Post a Comment