Tuesday, November 18, 2008

See you in January!! (not you my faithful blog readers-read on to find out who)

So today was my last day at school for the rest of the semester. As my kiddos leave I usually tell them to have a great day and that I will see in them tomorrow. However today I had to say have a great day and I will see you in January. It was kind of hard. As much as I am looking forward to a little break from work I love my job and love seeing my kiddos everyday. I assured them that I wasn't going to be off partying while they were working hard and the thing that would make me feel the best would be for us to all score extremely well on our semester test and beat the other Algebra 2 teachers. We will see how that works.

I might possibly have the greatest co-workers on earth. Today they threw me a good luck party. I was slightly teary eyed but it worked out ok. They have officially made my mascot hippie the hippo. That's right they made my new mascot a hippo should I be offended. Just kidding it made me feel really really special that so many people were concerned and cared for me. It was fun times. At that party I heard about a million more hip, knee, shoulder, and other replacement stories. I found out things about people that I never knew. It was kind of crazy. It never ceases to amaze me how many people have a hip replacement story (you know my dad, my aunt, my sister, my brother had hip replacement and it was the best thing that ever happened to them).

Well we are on the two day countdown. I am off work to relax, get rest, and get ready for the big day. My mom and dad are moving in tomorrow. My dad is going to be here off and on for the 6 weeks and my mom is here to stay.

Keep praying for me and I will update as soon as I can after surgery. I am expected to be in the hospital until about Monday so it will probably be at least middle of the week before I can update. Thanks for reading, caring, and praying.

2 comments:

Craig-Jen said...

Is there any way you can give your mom or dad your username and password so we can be informed? I would love an update...know that people all over are praying for you!

Jen

Courtney said...

I'll see what I can do for my blog friends out there.