Sunday, July 27, 2008

Everybody has a story.....

Have you ever seen Steve Hartman and his everybody has a story segement on CBS news. Well that is kind of how I feel when talking to people about hip replacement. Everyone has a story and here is the latest. My mom went to the bloodmobile on Friday because she is our giver. Jeremy my bro has been known to give also but mom usually represents the McClain clan. Dad was told to not come back because he passed out and due to my disease I have bad blood. Anyway while she was giving blood she was talking about my hip replacement and one of the nurses who works the bloodmobile came over. She said her daughter, who is 39, only 10 years older than me, had recently had hip replacement. So maybe it isn't so uncommon in younger folks like myself. She said her daughter had it done like on a monday and spent 2 days in the hospital then by Friday was able to go to her sons baseball game. I know there is still a lot of recovery after the actual procedure but to feel good enough to go places is encouragement. Again God brings encouragement in the weirdest ways. And just like Steve Hartman I am beginning to believe that everybody has a story. If you have a story you would like to share feel free to post in my comments or send me an email. Who knows yours might be the next one I post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the fact that your dad was told not to come back to the bloodmobile.

-Edie