Sunday, December 13, 2009

Better Late than Never.

Ok friends and faithful readers (if I still have any readers at all). It has been 3 months since I blogged and a crazy 3 months indeed. I will try to sum up the last 3 months in a few bullet points.

- I lost 29 pounds on the biggest loser at school. My team came in 6th place and I came in 8th on individual percentage of weight lost. We went on the maintenance plan for the holidays and I have lost at least 3 more pounds. I feel so good. In fact I am now walking 2 miles per hour on my treadmill and just completed a 45 minute walk.

-I went home for Thanksgiving and it was such a blessing. You see last year at thanksgiving I was just a week out of hip replacement on my right hip and was wondering if I would ever walk again. Then we went shopping on black friday. I was able to keep up with the rest of the crew and it was pretty amazing because it has been at least 3 years since that has happened.

-The friday before thanksgiving I found out I passed my National Board Certification. It is so much better to see the words congratulations on the score screen than better luck next year. I now get to include 4 letters after my name when i type professional emails. You know Courtney McClain, NBCT.

-This past week I went back to see Dr. T for my 6th month follow up on my left hip. He said everything looked perfect and he would see me in 6 months. I love Dr. T not only because he changed my life with new hips but because he is just a super duper doctor and very caring.

-One more week of school and I am headed home for Christmas. After Christmas I will be spending a few days in St. Louis with some friends.

I am enjoying life and love my new hardware. I hope everything is great with you. Maybe it won't take me 3 more months to update this time but lets face the facts, I have some living to do so I may just not have a chance.

2 comments:

Anita said...

I'm still with you Court. Congratulations on everything!!! See you at Christmas.

Mom said...

You are a poster child for perserverence during adversity. You amaze me!
Mom