Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fortune Cookie wisdom: Warning this is not a hip replacement story.

So if you are reading my blog just to hear hip replacement stories and random encouragement about the millions or what seems like millions of people who have a hip replacement story this blog story is not for you. So Thursday night Edie and I went to get chinese food at our favorite chinese buffet. Yes that is right they know our drink order and one of the waitress said "long time no see" to me when I went to the buffet. As you and any other person is who is a frequent partaker of chinese food knows the fortune cookie is the best part of the meal. At the Aloha Garden the back of the fortune cookie contains learn chinese as well as your lotto numbers for the week. So Edie and I have made it a tradition to not only read the fortune but also learn chinese along the way. (note we always make sure the chinese workers are no where near our table when we read the learn chinese part) Another side note I am always looking for my fortune to say "You will marry a rich man" It hasn't happened yet but I think sometimes I am getting closer to that fortune. So thursday I open my fortune cookie and turn over to the learn chinese side first. Guess what my learn chinese was? still single (not married) as if you wouldn't know what still single meant. How did the cookie know? You usually get things like "Where are you going?" , "how are you doing", "What's happening?" not still single. I was mad. I threw the fortune on the table and started laughing. Oh well. The actual fortune said "Don't miss a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity" Edie said that was my hip replacement. I think it was marrying a rich man. You decide. Have a great day. Hip repacement stories to return soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best part was when you threw down the fortune cookie. I am still laughing about that!

-Edie

Courtney said...

That was pretty good. It just made me mad. Like I needed to be reminded by a fortune cookie of my single status.