After the initial shock of having hip replacement and getting the word out to the whole world. Ok maybe just half the world but it felt like telling everyone, the stories have kind of slowed down. I guess I am in what is known in the flight world as a holding pattern. I am just waiting to have surgery. Anyway I found out this week thanks to the miracle of TV and the internet that I am in good company with this hip replacement thing. Coach K the coach of the mens olympic basketball game and a famous college basketball coach is now the paid endorser for Depuy orthopedics. You know why he is the paid endorser for the company. That's right (I am convinced I have the smartest readers in the world) he had hip replacement surgery. If you want to read his story it is on www.depuyusa.com. Here is the readers digest version for those of you who don't want to go to another site. He had arithritis and he had bad hips. He got to the point where he had to coach his team from a chair because his hips were so bad. He put off surgery for a year and then after surgery said it was the best thing that ever happened to him.
So maybe they will let me be the paid endorser for hip replacement surgery too. And by the way I drove past the sign mentioned in the last post and it really does have that big gap causing it to read "New Owners hip". Have a great day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I saw that commercial all the time when the Olympics were going on and I kept trying to get his name so I could tell Skip that there was this famous coach who had bilateral hip replacement. I kept missing his name and now they don't show it as often. I'm glad you got the name. I with you thru the journey and beyond!
Post a Comment